New price/performance leader for Ethernet switches?

Doug Shubert wiseowl at accessgate.net
Wed Sep 20 13:04:49 PDT 2000

Hi Greg and John,
Thanks for the heads up on this new Intel switch.
Our network runs primarily on HP 2424M's.
The HP spec. sheet indicates a backplane speed of 3.2 Gbps
on the 2424M and 3.8 Gbps on the 4000 & 8000.

We are looking to setup 144 nodes in a FFN design.
The 420T would work perfectly in a 12 switch, 4 NIC's per node arrangement.
At $30 per 10/100 port price, we will have to seriously consider this candidate.

Doug