a yet another stupid network topology

Yoon Jae Ho yoon at bh.kyungpook.ac.kr
Mon Oct 30 15:32:29 PST 2000

I think that if you want to use small port Switches, how about consider the "Loki"

http://loki-www.lanl.gov/loki-image.jpg

which explain in the  http://loki-www.lanl.gov/loki-inside.html

or,

how about creating the FNN Designs

http://aggregate.org/FNN/

for the small beowulf (lesser than 5 nodes) ,

Instead using the solution before (4 NICs/node, projection from above, S: switch, N:
 node; single elementary cell shown)

   |   |
  -N   N-
    \ /
    / \
  -N   N-

how about using  below solution 4 port Nic/node with no switch for economic reason.

  -N   N-
     \ /
     / \
  -N   N-

Yoon Jae Ho
Economist.
Seoul, Korea
3457-8228

yoon at bh.kyungpook.ac.kr

Imagination is more important than knowledge.  A. Einstein