night-time auto-reboot?

Yoon Jae Ho yoon at bh.kyungpook.ac.kr
Sun Oct 29 16:36:58 PST 2000

Thank you very much  Thomas Lovie.

I try to make it out of Windows 98(not Window 2000) to Redhat6.1 Linux at 8pm, into Windows at 6am.

In the Linux, I didn't change the /ect/crontab. instead, I made a script called "dos" and put it /etc/cron.daily/  directory.

the dos script is like below;

#/bin/sh
0 6 * * 0-7 /sbin/lilo -R dos; /sbin/shutdown -r 6:05

It worked nicely.

but in the Windows98, I can't find the "shudown.exe".
So I donwload "shutdown.exe" from  http://mvmpc9.ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de/Help/Shutdown.htm
and using the win98 Scheduled Task manager.  I made a schedule to shutdown 8pm.

shutdown  /l  /r /y /t:5 /c

But When times come, Win98 just shutdown only without Reboot.(Just Power off).
I need your advice.

thank you very much

Yoon Jae Ho
Economist.
Seoul, Korea

yoon at bh.kyungpook.ac.kr

Imagination is more important than knowledge.  A. Einstein