Process Accounting on a Linux Cluster

Gary Stiehr gary at umsl.edu
Fri Oct 27 11:22:26 PDT 2000

What about people who use MPI/PVM to start new processes?  According to
the PBS Administrator's guide, these processes are not tracked by PBS'
accounting facilities or controlled by PBS in any other way (from what I
am reading in the PBS admin guide, you place a job in a queue and when
its time comes, the *same* job is executed on all of the requested
nodes).