Simple Analyzing program

Luc.Vereecken at chem.kuleuven.ac.be Luc.Vereecken at chem.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Oct 26 13:13:26 PDT 2000

>a small 5 node cluster
>1) Be able to run across a Beowulf and on a single computer, and
>2) Show the immense processing capabilities of Beowulf versus a
>single computer.

>          The applications I mentioned earlier, Seti and Dnetc, I just
>realized, in the context of how I envisioned it being set up, would not
>be true parallel processing, would it? Not all nodes are working
>together as one "supercomputer", instead they each operate on their own
>and tell a "master node" how they are coming along and that master node
>just takes all the statistics, adds them up, and makes it seems like one
>large multi-node computer. ...

This might be a rather lame suggestion, but how about the mandlebrot fractal
program ?  Install MPI, compile the program, and run...
It's not exactly a new idea, but it can do what you want : run on 1 or
more computer, work on the same image, and scales sufficiently well to
show the increase in speed. Also, it produces pretty images that might
impress the ignorant :-) .

Luc