Probably OT, but important...Motherboard Information

David Grant davidg at dcginc.com
Mon Oct 16 11:22:51 PDT 2000

Currently there are no dual CPU mobo's for the Athlon.  Last week in San
Jose , AMD has it's first public demonstration of a multiprocessor computer
designed  specifically to work with AMD processors.

http://www.amd.com/news/prodpr/20165.html

Although AMD is being tight lipped about this mobo, it looks to be made by a
company called  "Iwill " an OEM mobo manufacturer.  Tyan is also working on
a board code named  "Lions"... a pretty slick board with dual NIC's,
integrated dual 160Mb SCSI.

Timing on the release  of this mobo is veiled in secrecy... looks like late
Q4/ early Q1 2001.

David A. Grant
Northeastern US,  District Manager
Atipa Linux Solutions/ DCG Computers
850 E. Industrial Park Drive, Ste 8
Manchester, NH 03109
Phone 603.622.7171
Fax 603.622.7272
www.atipa.com  www.dcginc.com

"Atipa- Proud winner of multiple  "Show Favorites"
awards at the recent LinuxWorld Conference and
Expo 2000 in San Jose "