PIC 2001, deadline extended to Nov. 20

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 7 08:13:09 PST 2000

/* PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 20, 2000 */

			   CALL FOR PAPERS

     The 2001 International Workshop on Parallel I/O on Clusters
			      (PIC 2001)

		http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~thakur/pic2001

			   Organized at the
 IEEE Int'l Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid'2001)

			 Brisbane, Australia
			   May 16--18, 2001

     In cooperation with the IEEE Task Force on Cluster Computing

With powerful microprocessors and high-performance networks being
available as commodity components, clusters of computers are
increasingly being used as a low-cost alternative to traditional
parallel machines. While clusters may match parallel machines in
computation and communication capabilities, support for
high-performance parallel I/O on clusters still lags behind in all
respects -- performance, usability, reliability. Significant research
and development challenges remain in improving the parallel I/O
capabilities of clusters.

PIC 2001 solicits research papers that focus on any aspect of
storage-related parallel I/O specifically on clusters. Relevant topics
include:

Parallel file systems
Runtime libraries
Language and compiler support
Storage architecture
Network-attached storage
I/O characterization
I/O-intensive applications
Parallel I/O for databases
Reliability and availability of storage

Papers submitted to PIC 2001 must be unpublished and must not be
submitted for publication elsewhere.  The manuscript must be written
in English, at most eight pages long using a 10-point font. Electronic
submission in PostScript or PDF format is required; papers should be
submitted by email to thakur at mcs.anl.gov. All papers will be reviewed.
The deadline for submissions is November 4, 2000. Decisions will be
announced by December 20, 2000. Accepted papers will appear in the
proceedings of CCGrid'2001, to be published by IEEE Computer Society
Press.

Workshop Chair
==============

Rajeev Thakur
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439, USA
(630) 252-1682
thakur at mcs.anl.gov

Vice Chair
==========

Rob Ross
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439, USA
(630) 252-4588
rross at mcs.anl.gov

Program Committee
=================

Peter Braam, TurboLinux and Carnegie Mellon University
Peter Brezany, University of Vienna
Phil Dickens, Illinois Institute of Technology
Walt Ligon, Clemson University
Tara Madhyastha, University of California, Santa Cruz
Matt O'Keefe, University of Minnesota
Rob Ross, Argonne National Laboratory
Liddy Shriver, Bell Laboratories
Rajeev Thakur, Argonne National Laboratory

Important Dates

Papers due: November 20, 2000
Notification of Acceptance: December 20, 2000
Camera Ready Papers due: January 24, 2001
CCGrid'2001 Symposium: May 16-18, 2001