openAFS, any success?

Jag agrajag at linuxpower.org
Mon Nov 6 06:17:17 PST 2000

On Mon, 06 Nov 2000, Alex wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've spent some time trying to install OpenAfs under a 2.2.16/x86/redhat-6.2
> distribution, but I am starting to wonder whether it actually compiles at
> all. Does anyone have any success with openAFS? A comment about the
> stability of AFS would be appreciated as well. Is there a mailing list on
> openafs?

I know a few people at NCSU and Duke that have gotten OpenAFS to compile
and work under linux (they even made an .srpm).  We use AFS on campus
for just about everything at NCSU, but I don't think its a valid option
for a beowulf cluster.  There are a lot of features in AFS that make it
great for a distributed network, but will probablly just add unneeded
overhead in a beowulf cluster.

Here are the OpenAFS mailing lists: