A beowulf for parallel instruction.

Horatio B. Bogbindero wyy at cersa.admu.edu.ph
Thu Nov 2 05:53:53 PST 2000

> > I certainly agree about the model. I'm not clear about
> > the extent to which there is commonality  below MPI, in
> > the choice of compilers for instance, or even whether
> > this is a significant factor in approaching "use".
>
> Most big sites concentrate on standards-compliant compilers, for portability
> reasons, and support a variety of languages: Fortran 9X, C, C++. You can get
> plenty of sample MPI code so your students can run something without having
> to necessarily write their own.

hmmm.

where can we get some nice-to-show-students sample code?

is there are freely available fortran 90 compiler? or a fortran compiler
with cray-pointer support that is freely available too?

william.s.yu at ieee.org

DISCLAIMER:
Use of this advanced computing technology does not imply an endorsement
of Western industrial civilization.