Alpha SMP Beowulf cluster: problems with SMP and ethernet !!

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Thu May 25 18:28:31 PDT 2000

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Stefano Curtarolo wrote:

> We have bought 4 new ES40 with 4 CPUS (667) each.
> I am running debian 2.2 with kernel 2.2.15 or 2.3.99pre9.
> I have istalled everything with a 2.2.15-generic kernel and
> everything works great with a single CPU. The netwotrk adapter is
> a DE600, a clone of eepro100.

I tried eepro100.c v1.10a on our dual 21264 system this evening.
Barring a few problems (compile command and the like), there was no
problem.

> Running the diagnostic: "dmesg | less" I have found that the eth0 hangs
> because an interrupt conflict.

The new driver tries to at least pass a little traffic, as it complains
about the IRQ problem.   Although I've never had an IRQ problem on the
Alpha, only the x86, to test this with.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Annapolis MD 21403