Mosix and vmware combo(no fries thanks)

Nigel Weeks nigel at aims.com.au
Mon May 15 20:20:06 PDT 2000

Dear fellow wulfers,

My company has given an inkling into building a cluster with a few surplus
machines, applying the mosix kernel patch(probably to 2.2.12), and running
vmware on it.

Is this possible?  Has anyone tried vmware on mosix clusters, and ended up
with virtual SMP machines on top of physical clusters of machines?
Unfortunately my Boss requires NT on our servers, but a 16-processor cluster
'appearing' as a 16 processor NT server would be rather tasty.

If this is way off track for this list, reply directly to me if you wish.

Nigel

Nigel Weeks
AIMS Independent Computer Professionals
Ph. (03) 6334 6664 (Australia)