Memory Testing... or problems

Adam Lazur ajl4 at EECS.Lehigh.EDU
Tue Jun 27 04:59:12 PDT 2000

Dean Waldow (waldow at said:
> I have found Robert Brown's memtest.tar which tests for timing /
> performance if I am understanding it correctly.  Are there other
> recommended programs which might test memory integrity or basically look
> for bad memory.

I highly recommend memtester which can be found at as it has always
caught bad dram in my experience.

There is also another tester called memtest86 at which we have used as

[               Adam Lazur | Lehigh Univ.             |   _ __      ]
[        icq 3354423 |    |__( | /_     ]
   "Linux is only free if your time has no value" - Jamie Zawinski