Stream numbers from Tyan Tiger 133 with VIA Pro 133a chipset ...

Brian D. Haymore brian at
Thu Jun 15 12:10:15 PDT 2000

Luke Lonergan wrote:
> > Here are our results from our new AMD 950Mhz boxes using the ABIT KA7
> > Motherboard and the latest Beta "RY" bios.
> OK, interesting effect of the BIOS feature, but what compiler are you using?
> Are you running the "C" version of stream or the FORTRAN? In order to get
> the "correct" memory results, you have to max out the instruction units
> first.
> Luke
> Beowulf at

Correct on your last comment.  We are using the C version of Stream and
the Portland Group C Compiler, although GCC does nearly as well.  There
is, to me at least, reason to believe there is a lot of headroom for
performance gains as compilers are made more aware of Athlon
optimizations and the same for Intel systems.

Brian D. Haymore
University of Utah
Center for High Performance Computing
155 South 1452 East RM 405
Salt Lake City, Ut 84112-0190

Email: brian at - Phone: (801) 585-1755 - Fax: (801) 585-5366