Mixed distros in one cluster

Simon Hogg seth at hogg.org
Sat Jun 3 09:46:07 PDT 2000

Is there an inherent drawback in using different distributions in one
cluster (apart from more complicated maintenance)?

They should all work together, anyway, right?

Suse, Redhat and Debian is what I've got - are there any special
considerations for this combination that anyone can think of?

Of course, I will migrate everything to one distro at some time (probably
Debian) but different people want to 'play' with different distros, and
this is not a production cluster, so it might even make things more
interesting!

--
Simon Hogg