[Beowulf-announce] Re: [Beowulf] 9th Annual Beowulf Bash: Announcement

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Oct 6 17:20:10 PDT 2007

At 03:55 PM 10/6/2007, John Leidel wrote:
>Don't know if they have an internet connection at the bar... doesn't
>look like many wifi hotspots within a reasonable distance :
>
>http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/search.php?street=125+W+3rd
>+St&city=Reno&state=NV&zip=89501&country=US&network=&proximity=1&submit.x=100&submit.y=12&submit=Show+HotSpots

Not to mention that most restaurants and bars, or businesses for that
matter, do not allow any sort of photography or video from their
premises.  The reasons are varied, and not always legitimate, but,
other than some sort of obvious "taking a picture of my friends at
the table" will typically result in the manager asking you to stop (or worse).

see, e.g., http://lessig.org/blog/2003/05/dear_starbucks_say_it_aint_tru.html