[3c509] 3c515 questions...

ckovacs ckovacs@DEPAUW.EDU
Mon Feb 18 15:50:02 2002

I have a small cluster (12 nodes, 100Mhz Pentiums) outfitted with
the 3c515 10/100 ISA cards. I have been able to get it all working with
a few test nodes going (i've only got a cicso 1548M, Microswitch for
now). The switch is set for auto speed/duplex on all ports but I can't
get the cards to go 100FD. I understand that some of thses cards do
not go 100FD but how do you tell if the capability is present? Also,
if I force the cards to 100 Mb, I cannot get to the network.

My configs are as follows.

Kernel 2.4.17 (compiled from virgin source)
NIC 3Com 3c515 10/100BASE-TX (ISA)
Switch CISCO 1548M Microswitch 10/100
modules.conf
	alias eth0 3c515
	options 3c515 options=4,12
	alias eth1 3c515
	options 3c515 options=4,12

looking in /var/log/messages as the drivers load, it indicates that the
card is indeed 100TX mode, but no connection is possible.

Also I tried to compile the latest 3c515.c from scyld but it
gives lot's of errors and bombs out on my box.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Corey