Re[2]: [3c509] DHCP problems under SuSE8.0 but not under SuSE7.1 on 133MHZ box against DI 804

Carsten Kuckuk Carsten Kuckuk <ck@kuckuk.com>
Mon Aug 19 10:09:03 2002

Hello Donald,

Saturday, August 17, 2002, 11:50:08 AM, you wrote:

DB> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Carsten Kuckuk wrote:

>> I have a pretty old Pentium-133 box at home with a 3C509B ISA NIC. A
>> few weeks ago...
>> Last weekend, I upgraded my Pentium-133 box to SuSE 8.0. To my
>> surprise, DHCP stopped working. Network functionality is still there,
>> and I can connect to my other machine using IP numbers. It's just that
>> DHCP doesn't work.

DB> This is a bug in the 3c509 driver in the kernel that's in SuSE 8.0.  I
DB> didn't make those changes, so I can't suggest a fix.

Thank you for this hint. I'll try a recompile of the original 3c509
driver and see if this fixes my problem. I'll send the results to this
list in 24 hours.

Carsten